Tuesday, February 3, 2009

Guitar Collections






My late parents were in their early 40s when I was born so generation gap was inevitable. I don’t care much except that sometimes it was really tough to make them understand that teenagers like myself might be facing some sort of identity crisis. I had learned to play guitar when I was 10 and at an early age, I believed then that music will gonna be part of my life. I was not fortunate to have one during my teenage years because my old-fashioned parents believed that guitar would lead me to vices and bad influences.


Well, they may be right, but I proved them wrong…



I believed this is one of the reasons why I ended up collecting guitars… actually, not only guitars but most musical instruments that I found useful for my future plans.. this however would come later…










Let me first talk about my guitar collections… mind you, I’m not one of those who collects based on the price, design, brand, nor collecting guitars previously owned by famous artists.. Call me a “frugal yet quality-wise collector..”




I can pick up the best one by its sound and the wood they used. Old wood especially those highly dried maple and rosewood sounds better. I always look first at the materials used such as the wood quality, tuners, bridges, plated parts, fret wires and plastics. These are the essential parts of the guitar. Other than the materials, it is crucial to see if the parts such as the body, neck and the frets are aligned.



I got number of guitars right now. I bought it from various places and countries I visited. Some are now safely stored in our Baras home, some are here with me. I also gave some to my buddies as presents while some were donated to religious institutions..









an up-date from
Bayani of Caviaoskie

No comments: