Saturday, February 21, 2009

X TA SEA..

Gig in X-TA-SEA..




The name X-TA-SEA was chosen from the English word "Ecstasy". In English the word can mean joy, happiness, delight, elation, bliss, rapture, thrill, excitement, or pleasure. Interestingly the Chinese translation for ecstasy is: "Heart drunk, Mind drunk, Entire body drunk." Not a bad name for a place where people like to drink. The spelling, "X-TA-SEA" was easy for both Chinese and Foreign people to pronounce phonetically, and the "SEA" was appropriate with the bar being located close to the sea.

2 comments:

Don said...

Thanks for visiting my blog. I took a tour through yours. I especially like the quote on music for labor.

I feel rich in part because of the rich amount of music I have access to. Back in the day, only royalty had the music we can get. It is a gift. (Right now I'm listening to the Pianissimo channel on Rhapsody online.)

Midlife, menopause, mistakes and random stuff... said...

Wow....fantastic!! I'll bet you had a blast huh? I love live music and Prince and I love to dance :)
Take good care and....

Steady On
Reggie Girl